Monday, March 9, 2009

Going to see Jake again!

Last year I was thrilled by Jake Shimabukuro's visit to the Twin cities. I found out about that one pretty late so I only got to sit in some seats that were very far away from the small stage at the Jazz club he played at. Soon after that concert, I found out Jake was coming to Minnesota again in 2009, this time to the Ordway Theatre in St. Paul on March 10th.

I dragged my feet in ordering the tickets but when I eventually did, there were still a few seats left in the section closest to the stage. So hopefully this time I'll get a better view of the action. I will be taking my 3 year old daughter with me. Hopefully she'll enjoy the show. Maybe she can get her new pink Makala ukulele signed by Jake or something. LOL!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

How much were your tickets? I've been really close to the stage both times I saw him play...actually, the last time I saw him, when he was playing with Aldrine (informal session at a small venue) I was literally five feet from him, close enough to see every curl in the master grade koa...it was amazing how fast his hands move...and how much a musician can fidget in their chair. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I just saw Jake last night in Wilmington, DE - sold out concert. It was a fabulous show and I got to meet him afterward. He's such a genuine and sweet guy, so much Aloha about him. I hope you and your daughter have a blast at the show - maybe she could sing for him :) Definitely take the ukes and have him sign, I did!

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: