Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bandito Tyler

Since I got the Kamaka tenor from Maui a few weeks ago, I've been jonesin' to post a video playing Aldrine Guerrero's Bandito Tyler on it. After all, the Kamaka HF-3 is pretty much the "Aldrine Guerroro signature model" ukulele right? :p

I learned this song, as pretty much every ukulele song I've learned, from Dominator's tabs. At first glance, it seemed like a very difficult song to learn. But if you get into it and get a good feel for the strumming rhythm for it, it's not all that difficult. Yes, there are parts that aren't that easy, as you will see mistakes a-plenty from my video, but I would say it's fairly accessible for the intermediate ukulele player. Check it out and give it a shot.

2 comments:

Lareina said...

Awesome! you have come a long way and you are so great! Determination pays off huh? I am an entry level player and I am inspired by you! Love all the videos and website! Keep it coming!

GX9901 said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a long ways from being great at playing the ukulele, but it's sure fun to play it. Trust me, you'll be a lot better than you think you could be in no time if you just keep at it.
Keep strumming!

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: