Sunday, April 1, 2012

Martin C1K sound sample

So I've been gushing about the Martin C1K since I got it in Hawaii last week.  One week into it's ownership, I still think it sounds great.  It's definitely a manly ukulele as it takes well to hard playing.  But up to this point I have not recorded anything using it.  I had a little bit of time today so I shot a video with it playing Jake Shimabukuro's version of Rolling in the Deep by Adele.  I actually learned this one before Don't Stop Believin' as I've been playing it for a few weeks now.  Much like Don't Stop Believin', this one is pretty straight forward.  Come to think of it, a lot of Jake's more recent arrangements are pretty simple.  But to me he has a knack to make them sound really good even though they are technically simple arrangements.  Those of you who want to learn these songs, hopefully my videos present a clear enough view of the fretboard so you can get an idea on how to play them.

I'm not sure how well the sound from this video represent this ukulele in real life.  I think it sounds a lot more impressive in person, but that impressiveness may be difficult to capture on video because it has a lot to do with how powerful it sounds, which could be hard to hear from a video recording.

Anyway, here's Rolling in the Deep played on the Martin C1K:

8 comments:

Victor said...

Hey!
I'm curious if you accept guest blog posts, would be an honour to write a review for your website.
Checkout my website! www.broadwaymusic.ca
-victor

Anonymous said...

Hey super cool site- my boyfriend makes some neat instruments and we have a pretty cool studio- I'll reccomend your site for him!

Unknown said...

That sounded incredible! I am impressed.

Vuhelp said...

I Like Your Blogger And Your Posts.....

easyukulelesongs said...

Beautiful rendition of "Rolling in the Deep". I was hooked on that song when it came out! Even more lovely to hear it on the uke.

__
Eduardo
Uke Teacher
Learn how to the play ukulele - easyukulelesongs.com

Unknown said...

awesome! would you like to share the chords/tabs for Rolling in the Deep?

Tracie said...

Nice! What strings are on that there uke?

Joyce said...

My name is Joyce I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in Health, love marriage, finance, job promotion, lottery spell, poker spell, golf spell ,Law & Court case Spells ,money spell, weigh loss spell, diabetic spell, hypertensive spell ,high cholesterol spell, Trouble in marriage, Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells, if you are having health issues such as PCOS i believe his good in everything and that it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaiker his website holyaraminta.com And His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy man, is ready to help.

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: