Sunday, April 1, 2012

Glee...

I've never actually watch a second of the show "Glee", and have no idea what it is about.  But after watching a few videos of Jake Shimabukuro playing a cover version of "Don't Stop Believin'", which is supposed to be used on "Glee" as some sort of theme song, on the ukulele and then actually seeing him play it live, I thought it would be a nice arrangement to learn sometime.  A couple of days ago I decided to tackle it and found that it was surprisingly simple and fun to play.  There is this quick picking bridge part that is kind of hard, but otherwise the arrangement required no difficult skills to play.  So it came together pretty quickly and I thought I'd take a video playing it while I was wearing a somewhat Aloha shirt-like shirt today (Har!).

As usual, I can never get through a video mistake-free, and that bridge part is pretty bad, but what the heck.  I think I'll make another video later if I can play it better using another uke as a sound demo or something.  By the way, if you hear some sort of whining sound in the background, that's my dog.  I'm not sure what was up with him.  Maybe he couldn't stand my ukulele playing.  Just ignore it.

4 comments:

UkuleleAllDay said...

Lol I commented on this video already but good job! Looking forward to learning this song through your umm... amazing hands... Okay thats akward so I'm just gonna ask a question that will probably tick you off. Can you do a Blue roses falling tutorial? Lol. I'm actually glad I checked your blog right now because I just started my own blog so I am already signed in. I hate signing to accounts for some reason. I got really off topic Lol.

Simon George said...

nice video. i always appreciate seeing a musician have the balls to put a video/recording of himself/herself out there. whether its an original or a cover. IStillGotMyGuitar

easyukulelesongs said...

You've got great technique and rhythm. Great talent man, keep it up!

__
Eduardo Uke, I teach ukulele songs at easyukulelesongs.com

تنظيف منازل said...



شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل



شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام





Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: