Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jake Shimabukuro coming to MN again

I was just checking the Jake Shimabukuro website for the first time in quite a while last night and noticed that he is scheduled to come to Minneapolis again on May 23rd at The Cedar. That makes it three straight years that Jake is making a stop in Minnesota during his tour. Three years ago I was thinking that I might never be able to see Jake play in person, so it's really cool that he has come here as often as he has. I guess either he must like it here or there are a lot more uke fans around these parts than I thought. The first time I saw Jake in concert was at a Jazz restaurant. I sat in what was essentially the "nose bleed" section as I was so far away from the stage I could barely see him. The second time was at the Ordway theater. I had a better view of him on stage but since it was a 1500+ seat venue, I wasn't close enough to see his techniques up close. This time, the show is at a 465 seat venue and no assigned seats, so hopefully I can finally see Jake play the ukulele up close. Oh yes, I definitely plan on going again!

No comments:

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: