Sunday, March 9, 2008

Isn't it Something?

Thanks to the "Play It Forward Ukulele Video Contest" hosted by Ukulelereview.com, I've been learning Something from the tutorial Dominator submitted for the contest. The tutorial is easy to follow and Dom does a good job of teaching it, so I was able to get all the chords and picking patterns down after a few days. I decided to post a video of it on Youtube despite not really being very smooth at it yet. I wanted to put up some "fruits" of the tutorial, so to speak. Here is the video:



Hopefully with continued practice I can play the solo part better. I tried several takes and this was the best I could do with the camera on so far.

Next one to do will be the Close To You tutorial Dominator had also put up over the last week. I think he should win one of those Fleas from the Play it Forward contest just because he has been "Playing it Forward" with his tabs website and other tutorials for a long time now. Thanks Dom!

No comments:

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: